i need this slight repose, as i will be working all through the weekend.
andrew is going ice-fishing with the boys tomorrow,
so after a lazy morning filled with good coffee
and our regular Saturday morning waffles
drenched in real local butter & pure Canadian maple syrup,
i will cozy in for what i hope will be a mellow
but productive afternoon of writing.
of course, i still need to get through today's long day of writing,
but there are some lovely things
and a nice big gin & tonic (or several!) waiting at the end
to get me through it.
1. i am loving these pants from the Canadian-line Thieves. they are even on sale in my size! i feel like i could live in them, though i suspect they might be too short on my long legs.
3. i have been wanting to check out this Louise Bourgeois exhibition at the National Gallery in Ottawa, but it is almost coming to an end. it's been on for almost a year (!), but every time we pass through the city it is so rushed. this tiny little installation view from the Personages series and Forêt (Night Garden) is not at all satisfying me! must try to go.
4. also must have this wood table and brush set from Toronto-based Mjolk. i will be buying one very soon!
5. i have long loved ceramic artist Vanessa Villarreal's work and i was so happy to see her as Etsy's featured seller this week. these black spruce porcelain tumblers have always been my favourite. there is something so romantic and dreamy (but also at times sad and haunting) about spruce trees, and of course, i love anything porcelain.
6. Cold Spring Apothecary has been on my list of things to try for awhile now. i love their philosophy and branding, and their products sound perfectly divine: like this juniper wood soap. actually, i need new shampoo, so it might just be the perfect time to try something from their hair care collection.
7. how lovely are these compostable bowls from Cachette? they're made in Japan from recycled sugar cane and reeds fibre. yup, lovely.
8. if i hadn't already bought one almost exactly like this from Scout & Catalogue (handmade in all cream wool), i would have pounced on this gorgeous vintage wool cape from Dear Golden as soon as i saw it. oh, and it's on sale along with all other coats in the shop too! i am so SO tempted but i am trying very responsibly to listen to my voice of reason.
9. oh-so pretty and elegant ivory lace-trimmed silk-chiffon slip from Rosamosario. this is one timeless beauty....
10. i'm pretty sure these are the perfect nude leather ballet flats. a "wise" investment? good thing a girl can dream!
11. i find myself returning over and over again to this simple but richly layered work by artist Matthew Jensen. it is available as a set of four prints from Little Paper Planes. i share in and have a deep appreciation for his humble, "unassuming methods..." and attention to detail., and love the stories these prints have to tell. i would be more than happy to add them to my collection.
happy weekend; hope it's a good one!